Advanced Search

Links
Consulting
Products

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Excel VBA for Apple

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Anthony's VBA Forum Index -> General Excel VBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Excel VBA for Apple Reply with quote

I am very proficient with Excel, but I am only a beginning programmer if I can even call myself that. I hate the Apple version of Excel and was thinking about trying to write some macros to fix some of the bugs. Have you heard of anyone doing this before? The Mac OS version of Excel is so bad, I would think that someone has tried to fix it, if this is possible, but I did a few Google searches and came up with nothing.

I started with trying to write macros to reassign some shortcut keys. The Mac OS version of Excel does not allow you to assign many of the most commonly used shortcuts, like "Alt =" for =Sum(), or "F4" to toggle between absolute and relative references. (In fact, there is no way that I know of to enter absolute references in the OS version of Excel other than to type them out). My thought was to use Application.OnKey

One problem that I have encountered is that I believe there is no way to alter a cell's value when Excel is in edit mode, so I don't know any way around the absolute/relative reference problem other than to assign a macro that can be used without ever entering edit mode. But like I said, I am a true beginner, so I don't even know what other problems I might run into. So I mostly want to know whether you have any general advice about writing these macros and if you are aware of any other major difficulties I might run into before I waste my time trying to figure this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Anthony's VBA Forum Index -> General Excel VBA All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: