Advanced Search

Links
Consulting
Products

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Excel 2000 vs 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Anthony's VBA Forum Index -> General Excel VBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Excel 2000 vs 2003 Reply with quote

In an Excel 2000 macro code, I placed on a user form a spreadsheet control. It works just fine.

When I take the code to the neighbor's Excel 2003 system, it fails at any reference to the SS control. The VBA form tools available window does not show a spreadsheet icon. The VBA Tools reference list does not show MS Office Web Components 9.0, which is shown in my 2000 system. A local expert tells me that a plug-in named MSOWC.DLL is not distributed/supported in Excel 2003.

So what can I do in 2000 to make this thing work (as written) in 2003?

thanks for any helpful suggestions
Wes

Early problems with 2000/2003 involved failures of commonly used functions such as Date, Time, LCase, Right, Left. XL2003 would not accept these functions as written. Somehow I stumbled over the fact that writing those as VBA.Date, etc., would make the coding work in both 2000 and 2003.
Ned Noel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony,

Thanks for your post. I don't know if you found a solution. I haven't. I inherited an Excel application built ini Excel 2000 that has a form with embedded spreadsheets. They provide useful functions on the form. These functions are controlled by the code behind the form. I cannot find any way to make them work under the dlls that seem to come with Office 2003.

I'm close to giving up and trying to find some other way to make the application work, as the IT people where I work don't like keeping old DLLs from Office 2002 / 2000 around the place.

Under Office 2003 dlls (there seem to be 2 for office web components) the spreadsheets embedded on the form within an excel workbook just drop off, presumably because the new office web components dlls do not support them.

If you have found any way around the problem you posted way back in Sept 2007, I'd be grateful for another post from you.

Thanks much,

Ned
Ned Noel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,

Apologies for calling you Anthony. Had a rock in my hed.

Ned
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Anthony's VBA Forum Index -> General Excel VBA All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: